Thursday, August 14, 2008

Promised Pics

OK so we hae had a tough week. Suvi is still sick (thanks a lot to 24 hour fitness where I am sure Markku picked up his virus and then passed on to Suvi) and kept us up the past 2 nights. I finally decided it was time to go to the doctor (Kiri took her as I waited until a work day unfortunately). Sure enough she has 2 ear infections! No wonder, the poor thing. I realized now that she has not been talking or laughing this week either! I feel so bad for not noticing, taking forever to get her to the doctor and for yelling at her last night when she kept me up! I was so tired, but so was she AND her ears hurt. I have no excuse and poor Suvi still manages to smile at us every day despite her pain and not feeling well. But I did manage to get a photo of those crazy thighs!

And her chubby arms:

And her adorable smile (a close up):

And her thoughtful look:

And her loving brother:

I cannot believe she is almost 4 months old! She is now rolling over so I find her in a different place from where I put her when I go into her room in the middle of the night! I am re-reading the sleep book by Dr. Ferber in hopes that if when her ear infection clears up, if she is still not sleeping through the night, I can start her "sleep training". I do not want to wait until she is 14-15 months old like I did Markku. I am exhausted trying to work, and be a wife, home maker and mom to two lively kids. You know, about 6 or 7 months ago a client came in and claimed she had no idea what her dog was doing-if he had diarrhea and vomiting, if he was eating, etc because she was a "busy mom of two!" Her dog had a horrible intestinal blockage that had perforated before she could really see that he was sick. (He died). I was so frustrated with her, but in my sleep deprived state, I am beginning to understand.... I hope I NEVER get to that point! Sleep Suvi, sleep!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics! I am not sure what she will think of some of them when she is a teenager and such, but we enjoy them. I feel bad that I didn't get a chance to see the kids when I was in Austin this past week, but the timing just wasn't right. They change so much so quickly. I hope she recovers from the ear aches-two is a bit much.
Ukki

Alissa said...

Great pictures. I hope Suvi is feeling better and that you are able to get some sleep!

Vetmommy said...

She is so round and plump! Hopefully sleeping soon.

ColeBugsmommy said...

She sure is a cutie!