Monday, April 21, 2008

She's here!





Suvi finally arrived-still before her actual due date. She came Sunday 4/20 at 9:49 am. She was 7 lb 10 oz and 20 in long. She is very healthy and a good eater so far. Mom is doing well (very happy to not be pregnant!) and we are now officially home! I will post some photos my mom took. In case your wondering-Heikki did not make it home for her actual birth. He missed it by 4 hours. We tried to stall, but even with epidural I was still pretty painful this time, so I gave up waiting. Luckily she waited for my mom to get there (after I finally called my nanny at 7 am to relieve her from babysitting). I drove myself to the hospital-apparently that is a bad idea according to everyone else, but I didn't want to wake anyone else up and Markku was asleep! The hospital is very close to my house and it was like 3 am. At 4 am they decided to admit me as I was in labor, and by 5 I had my epidural. It worked well at first, but then at 7 I was awakened with pretty bad contractions. When it came time to push, it was just 11 minutes and she was there! Markku came to meet her and was quite shy but is starting to warm up-especially once Heikki got there and showed him it was OK. Sorry some pics are sideways-I can only do so much holding a baby and aftre I got them attached is when I noticed! Oh well- I DID just have a baby!

8 comments:

Alissa said...

She is really precious! So glad I was able to meet her. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

She looks wonderful Casey! Way to be speedy (11 minutes!), I am sure there was some work involved, but you made it all sound easy:) Kaisa and I look forward to meeting her in person one of these days. Hooray! Hurrah! Bravo! Well done:)

Christina said...

Congratulations!!!

I've been checking compulsively to see if she was here yet. She's beautiful!

bean said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to meet her. Tatti Jenn

Anita said...

Congratulations! Hooray!!! We're so excited for you.

Joey said...

Congratulations! That was a fast labor like you expected. Was your mom in the room for delivery?

Unknown said...

Casey (and Heikki, Markku, & Suvi),
Your Mom & I are so proud of you and the growing family! Even though one of us feels too young to be a grandparent, we are adjusting. Now if we can find the energy (and food!) to keep with the 23 month old ball of fire, along with the new addition, Suvi.
Thanks for bringing all this joy to our lives-and to Texas!
Dad Frederick

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Casey, Heikki, and big brother Markku!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD SWEET BABY SUVI!!!

I wish I could be there to see her in person, and smell that sweet baby smell. From the pictures she looks absolutely gorgeous! ~Julie