Sunday, July 13, 2008

Toes on corn

I never seem to have time anymore to really write what I want to tell everyone. But, Markku went down to my parents last night (so no 7 am wake-up call) and Suvi is still asleep at 10:20 am. What a difference! Imagine how well she would sleep (and me) if she were an only child! Of course I didn't get home until 11 pm and it took another half hour to get Suvi asleep, so not a full night sleep by any means. And to make it worse, I tried her in her crib! She did sleep 3 hours in it (until 2:30 am) and then I tried to get her to go back to sleep without nursing AND in her crib. What a mistake! I gave up at 4 am, and just brought her back with me. I did not nurse her though and she did go back to sleep (just in my bed)!! Then, she woke again at 5 am and almost 8 am where I did nurse her as she was liking hungry then. But she went back to sleep and is still there.
She is a really good baby. Her coos are so delightful! She talks so much more than Markku did and they are so soft and sweet and girl-like! She smiles and almost laughs a lot during the day. She just doesn't sleep well-but overall she is a good, happy baby. Her neck is much stronger now and she really looks around at her world. She nurses for only a real quick stretch as then she can't see the world! Much different from Markku who took 30-45 to nurse! Boys!!
Markku is as cute as ever. He is trying new words and ideas all the time these days. His cutest was when he asked for corn and toes. Corn and toes?? What?? He kept repeating it. I finally figured out he wanted butter on his corn (he loves butter) and that he was probably trying to say toast, which normally he sucks the butter off! So corn and toes it is! He says a word like "gee-lo" meaning all colors, not just yellow. And he loves to point out all the different colors (but he just calls them all gee-lo). On Friday, he finally said Blue and red when Kiri prompted him to! For those of you who don't know yet, all trucks are "gu" and he LOVES trucks so we here that a lot. When he wants more of something, he signs the word more in sign language, and the word he says is "mama". Not me in that case, but more. So "mama, gu. Mama gu. Mama gu" while we are driving down the highway means more trucks! I want to see more trucks! Or mama juice! Or mama choo choo, or mama cack (more crackers!), or ma (milk). He also shortens a lot of words so milk is "ma". Now is Finnish, milk is maito-or something like that, so I think he may be shortening that word. Markku is also "ma" but a little more drawn out like a southerner talks! So he says "Maaa baby. Maaa baby." Meanign Markku's baby, which is different from "MINE! MINE!" that he also says all the time, referring to anything he may want at the moment! Another favorite is "why"? Juice, why?? When I won't let him have juice! He is starting to put more words together, like "mummo taz bye bye". Meaning his grandma's dog Tazi has gone bye-bye (or is at her house). He just learned to say he is two. And all numbers are two. So if he sees 2 trucks, he says two gu!! And gets very excited. He holds up 2 fingers (thumb and index finger though) and waves them saying two gu! Even if there are 210 trucks he says two! But he loves to hear us count. He is also to the point where he corrects me if I say the wrong thing back to him. For instance if he says "ma gone" and I think is says "maa done" and so I say "you're all done?" he says no and repeats himself until I figure out what he means-his milk is all gone. Of course if I can't figure it out a tantrum may ensue, but who wouldn't be frustrated that they aren't being understood when they are trying so hard! He also realizes Heikki has to leave and be gone a lot. He just says "sha-sha bye bye". He tells me all the time... When we get close to home in the car or after a walk he says, "Tillie Allie, Tillie, Allie" (our dog and cat). Then he often says, "sha sha bye bye". I think he saying that we will be seeing tillie and Allie real soon, but not dad. He isn't home!
We are supposed to go down to Boerne today to see my aunt and cousin again and go to Sea World, but Suvi is still asleep. I may have to wake her up now! I just wanted to get some of the cute things Markku says and does, and someday soon I may forget! He still calls Heikki "sha-sha" short for Isa, but he longer whispers it! Things are changing already...

2 comments:

Alissa said...

What cute little words and phrases! Sounds like he is a lot of fun to be with! Can't wait to see you this week!

Unknown said...

The day at Sea World was fantastic, although it was a bit on the hot side. Markku loved the boat show and of course the killer whale show (Shamu!!!). We all had fun, especially Mumo with Markku at the waterpark. I am sure we will make use of season passes and that makes it neat as we don't feel we have to stay too long! Suvi liked watching all the people. She & I had a great time.
Dad